Saturday, December 10, 2011

Gift of Love

The week that I never thought would get here has arrived. I begin my journey (& truly my family's journey) to Haiti tomorrow morning. We spent today as a family of 5 for Mathea's 6th birthday. Christopher was on our minds all day long.

We have packed a duffle bag full of diapers and clothes for the orphanage, and all of Christopher's gifts are tucked in my carry-on for safe-keeping until I arrive.

To end today, we were visited by a dear friend who dropped off a present for Christopher. What is so special about this gift is that it was picked out by and is from a 4 year old boy. He wants to be Christopher's friend and can't wait for him to be with our family. Our friend's son doesn't understand how I can go to Haiti and see Christopher but he can't come home and play. He is sending a gift and a picture to let our son know he has a new friend waiting.

I love that Christopher not only has a family waiting and longing to have him home but a friend. With this sweet gift of love, I realize that this little boy's life will change more lives than just our 5.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet. You are on my heart. I pray for good rest for you tonight and a safe journey. May God's grace, peace and wisdom carry you on your way and through each and every situation. And may you and Christopher form a special bond.

    ReplyDelete