Monday, April 30, 2012

Speechless

Speechless this morning. Maybe because it's 5 in the morning or maybe I truly have no words to describe how I am feeling. I think it's the latter. On a run this past week, I tried to formulate expectations that I have not spoken. More than expectations, they came out as fears. The 2 I came up with were that Christopher will go to the girls to have his needs met and will not want my help and that he won't have a glimmer of recognition and will not want to be with our family. I have since laid these down knowing that we will work through any rough situation. The girls know to direct Christopher's needs back to me and I believe he will be comfortable with us at the hotel with his friends. As I begin to wake up, my coffee is kicking in and I am beginning to focus on the excitement bubbling up in my soul. I am excited about meeting new family friends; friends for life, connected through our children and their Haitian heritage. I am excited about seeing the country of Haiti again. There truly is beauty throughout. I am excited about lavishing love on our son, establishing a further bond in our hearts for our family. I am excited for my family and all the new experiences that they will have for the rest of their lives. I can't wait to share more tonight after we are reunited with Christopher. If you are praying: Pray for a safe flight to Haiti and an easy customs transition. Pray for the girls' as they are a little tired from being so excited yesterday Pray that Christopher's heart will be open to his new family this week

No comments:

Post a Comment